HAPPINESS IS YOUR CHOICE

Monday, November 16, 2009



"THIS IS THE DAY WHICH THE LORD HAS MADE; LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT."   Psalm 118:24

                                                                                                        


It is a simple yet profound truth: happiness is a choice. You don't have to wait for everything to be perfect in your family or with your business. You don't have to forgo happiness until you lose weight, break an unhealthy habit, or accomplish all your goals. Happiness is yhour choice.


You might as well choose to be happy and enjoy your life! When you do that, not only will you feel better, but your faith will cause God to show up and work wonders. To do so, you must learn to live in today, one day at a time; better yet, make the most of this moment. It's good to set goals and make plans, but if you're always living in the future, you're never really enjoying the present in the way God wants us to.


(From Your Best Life Begins Each Morning by Joel Osteen)

5 comments:

Cheptoek said...

Quite true. We tend to think if only this would work out then I will be happy. We need to place our faith in God and walk each moment with Him. I am learning. Be faithful. He is so faithful.

Mary said...

This is great, Clif. We only have the moment, really, and our lives can change in a moment, if we change our perspective and our attitude. I learned many years ago that being happy was up to me, not hubby or my job...nope, just me, myself and I. When I'm not feeling happy, I have to look within and consider my thinking...therin lies the culprit every time.

Thanks for the great advice!

God bless,
Mary

Mevely317 said...

I needed to read these words today ... not only read them, but allow them to sink in, then act upon them.
Thank you ... again and again!

Myra

bp said...

I should have read that this morning, but it's a good reminder for now and tomorrow! Caleb's been sick and I've been up in the night with him a lot. I can tell I'm running out of steam. I've napped when he did today and that helped. But I need to remember whatever the day holds to choose to be happy! I have been thankful that I"m at home and can just be here for him and not worry about missing a job. Pray for him to be totally well! Thanks :)

Sandy said...

Thanks for the reminder that everyday we get to choose our attitude. Let's go with praise.