THE COMPANY OF THE CONCERNED

Monday, December 14, 2009


A few years back I didn't even know what a blogger was. I didn't know and I didn't care.

Now I care!

I care because now blogger is not just a word. No, it's much more than that. Now when I think of bloggers I think of men and women,human beings--FRIENDS. Men and women who laugh, cry, hurt, bleed, dream, live life large--and sometimes die.

I have blogging friends all over the world.

Today I'm thinking about and praying for my blogging friend LOREN. She lives in Oklahoma but she is in Florida with her father who is dying with cancer.

I'm asking all my blogging friends to pray for LOREN AND HER FAMILY as they go through this difficult time. Many of you already are praying and as a result of your prayers and hers, her father has given his life to Christ. It will never be easy to let him go but they can now smile through their tears.

Thank you for caring. Thank you for being part of the fellowship of the concerned.

Someone said: "Oh this world's a curious compound
With its honey and its gall;
Its cares and bitter crosses,
But a good world after all.
And a good God must have made it,
Leastwise that is what I say,
When a hand is on your shoulder
  in a friendly sort o' way."

9 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I am praying for Loren, her father & whole family .
~Myrna

bp said...

Praying for Loren and her family.

I agree, it is a blessing to have the blogging community to know I can go to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and pray together for specific needs.

Hope you have a nice week! I liked your post about Christmas in Arizona!

Sandy said...

I am praying for Loren and her family. Thank you, Clif, for sharing!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I know that Loren will be so grateful for this wonderful post about her father. I am hoping that they can all be reunited one final time before she says good bye to him in this earthy world and praises God for taking him into His heavenly home. Looking forward to meeting him one day and learning more about him.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sandy said...

I'm praying for Loren's family.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I will include them in my prayers. How wonderful it is that he has found the Lord.

SmilingSally said...

What a painful thing to go through at any time, but especially during the holidays. I'll pray for Loren, Clif.

Cheptoek said...

I join you in prayer for Loren and her family.

Mevely317 said...

I've been (involuntarily) away for a bit ... but couldn't resist adding my "thanks" for this beautiful post, Clif.
Having walked Loren's road, my heart hurts anew for she and her family.
Your reaching out in Friendship and beckoning us to Prayer is sooooo uplifting!

Myra