HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURSELF ORGANIZED?

Monday, December 21, 2009


Some people have no problem knowing what's next, staying on schedule, keeping appointments, being on time.

I am a fairly well organized person by nature but for years I have used a system sold by Franklin Covey to help me.

Some people don't need any help. Others of you don't want any help. And some of you can't be helped.

I keep my "organizer" on my desk now. Before I retired I carried it with me. I needed to know where I needed to be at all times and what was coming up next. Now I don't have those kind of concerns. I could get along without an "organizer" but I don't want to.

Most of the time now I make notes on the daily pages and use the "organizer" almost like a diary. I file the pages away at the end of the year and have found them amazingly helpful in looking back for information long forgotten.

What about you? Are you organized? Do you want to be? Are you happier by not bothering yourself with this kind of thing? Do you keep dates on your computer or some other way?

I would really like to know.


4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Ah Clif, this just cracked me up!
I'm a compulsive list-maker, organizer, etc. ... who's surrounded by "those others."

In my workplace, I keep my GM in line via a color-code system (red=urgent, etc.).
Too, I learned a neat trick from Donald Trump: When faced with several (or more!) projects, keep only ONE on the desktop at a time, lest your periphial vision gets the brain hop-scotching. Works for me!

Have a great evening!
Myra

Cheptoek said...

I keep notes all the time. I have to write down in my dairy when I have appts. Sometimes I just keep them in my head. I always have to make lists of what I need to do though.
Organizing things in my head is a whole other thing!! That makes me tired.

Bab's Kitchen said...

I keep organized by my agenda.

Sandy said...

I'm not super busy but I do need to keep my husband in line and insist on things being on the calendar. i am a list maker and have a divided notebook that works for me.