SUPERMAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Monday, December 28, 2009


It's not that I can't. I just shouldn't.

The list of things I shouldn't do is long and growing longer every day.

No more climbing on the roof, lifting large objects, bending over pulling weeds and picking up "stuff."

Yes, I still do these things and many more like them--but I shouldn't.

I continue to do these things and then regret it for days. Why then, do I do them?

I have asked myself that question many times. Am I just silly or stupid? Is it that I just never learn? Am I too proud to admit that I've grown old?

I saw a friend of mine, who is a Doctor, a few weeks ago with his arm in a sling. He said he fell off his roof and broke it. He certainly could have afforded to hire someone to go upon his roof for him. He said he would next time!

My back has been "killing" me for days because I trimmed our palm trees. Everybody on our cul-de-sac has a gardener except us. We have never had a gardener and we never hire a repair man if I think I can do the job. That plan has worked well over the years.

It worked well because a young man once lived here. He had a large S on his chest. The S has started to fade badly.

Oh flip, I might as well admit it--there is no S on the chest. SUPERMAN IS GONE!

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Of course, you can't see it anymore...but the "S" is still there, bro. Clif..."Spirit-powered!"

Funny post but true to all of us...May the Lord strengthen us as the years go by. God bless you and keep you.

Cheptoek said...

You depict it with such humor I had to laugh! You are an S in many other ways. Just look at the way you inspire us, or make us laugh, that is very much powerfully needed especially today.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

We all had to admit to defeat of old age creeping up on us all the time, and those stories of the people in the Old Testament living life so much more than we do now and they were well past their prime.

I too, have opted for an easier way to deal with life and make the financial path for someone else a little brighter in today's economy.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

Oh bless your Super Heart! I am wondering if the "s" should stand for stubborn ;) I don't think you are OLD at all! Just relax and enjoy and let those young men do these things for you...I am sure they could learn plenty from you while they are working away! I would love a chance to sit and listen to you while I worked away! Your still blessing while being blessed! Works both ways :)

Bless you my friend

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is such a cute post! Even at my husbands age he is super sore even after mowing the lown. I can't imagine trimming palm trees!
Take care,
Ginger