FAITH IN THE MIDST OF SUFFERING AND EVIL

Thursday, January 14, 2010


As a full-time minister, the question I got more than any other was, "Where is God in the midst of suffering and evil?"

I spent forty-seven years trying to answer that question from the pulpit and in private counseling.

One of the best books I read and reviewed last year was Randy Alcorn's If God Is Good--Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil.

Right now the whole world has turned attention to the devastation in Haiti.

"What if suffering is God's invitation to trust him? And to hope for a better world."

I recommend you read Randy's excellent book now. Don't wait for another disaster.

4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Books like these for believers and non believers alike answer that very pivotal question and allow us to truly see that He is right there amidst all the suffering going on right now, as a First Responder to this devastating time.

Another great read is Where is God by Dr. John Townsend. I just finished it and loved the hope it gave me.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cheptoek said...

I think you are right Clif. It is about trusting God, even though we may not understand. I like your thought on hope for a better world. We need that.

Cheptoek said...

Clif I just finished reading "Same kind of different as me" about a week a ago which I had borrowed from the library after you recommended the second book by these two authors. It was a GREAT book! Thank you so much for recommending it. I am recommending it to others. I will soon be looking for their second book

Mevely317 said...

Wonderful! Like Caroline said, it all comes down to Trust.