HE DELIGHTS IN ME

Saturday, January 23, 2010


Today I want to share with you some thoughts from Max Lucado's splendid book, A Gentle Thunder. Max is writing about one of his favorite verses of Scripture that he has written in the front of his bible.

"Because he delights in me, he saved me" (Ps. 18:19).

And you thought he saved you because of your decency. You thought he saved you because of your good works or good attitude or good looks. Sorry. If that  were the case, your salvation would be lost when your voice went south or your works got weak. There are many reasons God saves you: to bring glory to himself, to appease his justice, to demonstrate his sovereignty. But one of the sweetest reasons God saved you is because he is fond of you. He likes having you around. He thinks you are the best thing to come down the pike in quite awhile. "As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you" (Isa. 62:5).

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If he had a wallet, your photo would be in it. he sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, he'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart. And the Christmas gift he sent you in Bethlehem? Face it, friend. He's crazy about you.

(From pages 121 & 122 of Max Lucado's A GENTLE THUNDER --Hearing God Through The Storm)

25 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wonderful thoughts from two of my favorite people.
Charlotte

Debbie said...

Oh I LOVE this...somehow I have missed that verse in Isa. "As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you." Soo perfect. This really blessed me this morning, thanks for posting it. Have a wonderful week-end. Blessings, Debbie

Mevely317 said...

What an enormous comfort ... put in such an engaging way! I've got to put this book on my shopping list!

Blessings,
Myra

Anonymous said...

I have heard this before and absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

what an awesome post. This is the best Cliff...☺ Sarah

Cheptoek said...

Wonderful! I needed that gentle reminder of why He loves me. I seem to get in the way a lot.

Joan Hall said...

Clif - our posts are very similar this week. Wonderful words!

Blessings,
Joan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love that book. I own it! Thank you for sharing some of its contents. Max Lucado is always a blessing, as are you! Have a wonderful Sunday, Clif.

Blessings,
Sandi

Loren said...

OH !!!! These words are just wonderful :)
I heard one this week that goes well with this.

The Lord will NEVER cancel an appointment with you never EVER!

HE DELIGHTS IN US!! PRAISE HIM :)

and bless you my friend ~ Have a blessed weekend

RCUBEs said...

I'm so glad His love is faithful and enduring. Thank you for sharing this. God bless.

Bab's Kitchen said...

I love this post. I also enjoy Max Lucado gentle spirit.

Cathy said...

I love that, Clif. That does sound like a very good book. I thought you would like that song :)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Clif, this really spoke to my heart. Thanks for sharing... and thanks for you very generous comment.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is wonderful!! Thank-you for sharing this particular thoughts by Max Lucado. I need to be reminded of this, maybe a little to often.
Hugs,
Ginger

Denise said...

Such a peaceful post, thank you.

Maisie in Maine said...

Hmmmmm. It's so hard for us humans to get it through our heads how dearly God loves us - He even rejoices over us.

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for this, Clif. I love Max Lucado.

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing what has blessed you so we can be blessed

bp said...

It's amazing and comforting to think of God rejoicing over me!

Karen said...

I loved that quote! Thank you and have a blessed week.

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
I am so glad He loves even a sinner like me. Love Max Lucado - thanks for posting this.



Jean

dtbrents said...

Thank you, that's very sweet. Doylene

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love Max's writing . Those thoughts really bless my soul.
Blessings,
~Myrna

Lisa said...

I love this post Clif! My Pastor always says that God has a crush on me. :)

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Clif,
I do love these words of encouragement I love knowing he is crazy about me !!! :-)

Bless you !!! Lorie