LOST AT HARVARD

Thursday, January 28, 2010



(The following post relates to a trip to New England we made back in October, 2009.)

Driving on the freeway in the Boston/Cambridge area is not a problem. Driving on the streets is something else.

We were on our way to the John F. Kennedy Memorial Library.

We needed to stop in Cambridge and pick up our daughter who was attending a week long class at Harvard.

As soon as we left the freeway and got close to Harvard we were lost.

In frustration and desperation I pulled off the street we were on and ended up beside a huge dormitory.

A young student came out of the building and we asked him for directions. I told him I had traveled in London, Paris and India and had never been so lost. He smiled, looked at our little map and said, "The building you are looking for is just right there. We were practically sitting on the parking lot where we needed to be.

A miracle? You tell me.

It was time for lunch and we couldn't see anyplace to eat in walking distance and I wasn't about to drive back out onto the streets and get lost.

Two workers were near by and we asked them if there was anyplace we could walk to. They smiled and pointed to the building right in front of us (Spangler Hall) and said there was a cafeteria there and the food was great.

Miracle? You tell me.

After lunch our daughter came and with her driving we headed for the library.

Did we find it? What do you think?

3 comments:

Sandy said...

God is certainly blessing your travels. Hope you have a great time with your daughter.

Loren said...

No doubt for me! I KNOW the Lord is leading, guiding and showing you the way and increasing your Faith as well! Praise HIM :) I love going throughout the day and the Lord illuminates it one step at a time>>>>What an adventure HE is giving you all :)

Love to you and yours!!

Cheptoek said...

Makes me think of the book "God's Smuggler ". Talk about miracles!