NEWS FLASH TO ALL MY FRIENDS--I'M OK!

Monday, January 11, 2010


Both teams had marched up and down the field all afternoon.

They were tired, sweaty and bloody.

THE SCORE WAS TIED.

With just a few seconds left on the clock the Cardinals great field goal kicker came in to kick a field goal he has made many, many times. Everybody knew he would make it and the Cardinals would win.

HE MISSED!

The phone rang. Friends were calling from California to check on me. They were afraid I would have a heart attack.

I too was afraid. I turned blue and was having a hard time breathing.

But then a few minutes later in overtime--the Cardinals pulled it out. THEY WON!

I'M OK! I'M OK!

(For my friend Smiling Sally, and dozens of her friends across the country, this is what they call BLUE MONDAY in celebration of all things blue. But not for me Sally, not today!)

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

:)

SmilingSally said...

Nope, not today for you, Clif. A BIG Congratulations goes out to you and the REDbird team!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm glad to hear you are O.K. perhaps you should look into Ruby Red Tuesday.

Loren said...

you're a hoot :)