"WALK ON THROUGH THE STORM, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH"

Friday, January 08, 2010


Some of my friends want me to put a smile on my face and look up.

That's good advice and I do that a lot.

But in some situations you run into things because you are not looking where you are going and that silly grin can become annoying.

In His heart and mind Jesus was always looking up but he wasn't always smiling. On one occasion He "...made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables." He was passionate about this and let them know who's side he was on.

The Apostle Paul said of Jew and Gentile alike, "All have turned away, they have together become worthless;...Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit....There is no fear of God before their eyes."

I  know I am not Jesus or not even the Apostle Paul. But I do feel passionate about some things and I believe God wants me to let people know who's side I am on. I do trust in God and I do know that He has me in His hand and His plan. I think God wants to work through me and you to change things for the better. If we don't like the way things are going we should be doing what we can to change things. Instead of just going along we need to be preaching the Word and trying to evangelize the world for Him.

Sometimes I feel like it's possible to become so heavenly minded we are no earthly good.

Hey, I wish you could see me as I write this. I'm smiling and I have my head up (figuratively speaking) and I'm not making any whips and I'm not driving anybody out.

BUT I AM SPEAKING UP AND I'M GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO SO. LYING, STEALING, CHEATING, FILTHY TALK AND ACTIONS ARE ALL WRONG. I'M A CHRISTIAN AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY SO!


4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I second that with a hearty AMEN in closing!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

The Bliss Journey said...

Amen all the way.... Have a great weekend.
Kathleen

Loren said...

Amen and Amen.....I knew a few of those who were tooo heavenly minded to be any earthly good and OH MY....at times I would just cringe because of the way they acted in the name of Jesus....YIKES

Have a blessed weekend my friend

Cheptoek said...

I like your firm statement at the end. That is how we should be.