CRITICAL CARE

Friday, February 26, 2010

This is not a book review. I just want to tell you about a free book I received from Harper Studios a division of Harper Collins. It's an advance reader's copy and not to be used for review.

I'm excited about Critical Care --A New Nurse Faces Death, Life, and Everything in Between by Theresa Brown.

Author, Pauline Chen wrote, "A beautifully written account of a nurse's first year on the wards, a medical memoir that combines lyricism and compassion with searing honesty and well timed, laugh out-loud wit...I loved this book."  Me too! I'm only half way through but I'm speeding right along because it's so interesting.

I jumped ahead in my reading to chapter eight, Doctors Don't Do Poop. Wow! This chapter is filled with words I rarely use and don't even like to think about. This is one "nasty" chapter. But it's real--very Real!

This is one of the most enlightening books I have read in a long time. It's a must read for anyone who wants to understand health care. This book will educate you and touch your heart.

1 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I can only imagine how far the differences really are between health care shown on TV through medical shows and dramas versus those in real life.

I can only imagine how night and different they all really are. If we only knew right?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat