ACCEPT "WHAT IS"

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One of the toughest battles I fight in life is--accepting "What is."

I have struggled with this my entire life.

I am a stubborn person.

When I think I am right, I fight to the bitter end.

I think that is the way it should be.  But all of us need to recognize that when we have done all that we can do that we need to accept that this is just the way it is. Period!

When we do this we can find peace. It doesn't mean that we will like the way it is. It doesn't mean we need to pretend things are the way they should be. It simply means the greater our surrender to the truth of the moment, the greater our peace will be.

This is a better way to live.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I really like how you worded this...so much truth here....

Mevely317 said...

After the 2nd ... then a 3rd reading, I realize my own life (at least that spent M-Fri) would be so much sweeter - were I to just accept this concept and quit struggling, quit pretending.

Have a great evening!
Myra