THE MOVIES AND MUSIC OF 1934

Monday, March 08, 2010

                                                             

It Happened One Night (Academy Award Winner)     The Gay Divorcee,

Here Comes The Navy,  The House of Rothschild,   The Thin Man,   The White Parade




                                                        

Cocktails For Two - By Duke Ellington,     June in January - by Bing Crosby

Moon Glow - by Benny Goodman,    All I Do Is Dream Of You - by Jan Garber

The Beat O' My Heart - by  Ben Pollack,     Carioca - by Enric Madriguera

Everything I Have Is Yours - by Rudy Vallee,     I Only Have Eyes For You - by Ben Selvin

I Saw Stars - by Freddy Martin,     Let's Fall In Love - by Eddy Duchin


I was born in 1934 and I have seen many movies and listened to a lot of music over the years, but I can't rate any of these movies or any of this music. I haven't seen any of the movies and the only song that sounds even faintly familiar is June in January by Bing Crosby. And I can't even hum that.

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I know the lyrics to half the songs, and I was born in 1941. You should look 'em up; it's GOOD music.

Diva Kreszl said...

oh my, 'It Happened One Night' is a classic and a definite must see. Who doesn't love Clark Cable?

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I do know that thanks to shows like American Movie Classics, I am able to begin to really enjoy the movies my parents and grandparents enjoyed. I personally have not seen any of these but captured a few of the titles to watch in the future.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat