FIXING "STUFF"

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It looks like this is my week for getting "stuff" fixed. Some weeks are like that.

BIG SCREEN TELEVISION
We've had the thing for almost seven years. I'm amazed it worked so long, so well. We bought it just before we retired. Unlike most preachers I watch a lot of television. Or maybe I should say, unlike most preachers I tell the truth about how much television I watch. So we bought a big screen television. It's wonderful for watching sports. Hey, it's wonderful for watching just about anything you want to watch.


Yesterday we had to have a fan replaced. The fan only cost 39.00 but they charged $240.00 to put it in. Oh well, it's worth it. I've got a lot of watchin' to do.

MY TEETH
Went to the dentist today to have my teeth cleaned. I should have suspected something when the hygienist kept complimenting my teeth and gums. The dentist came in and told me I needed to replace a small piece of gold on one of my crowns. Oh well, it's worth it. I have a lot of chewing to do. Except ice cream is what I like most and that doesn't require much chewing.

When I set out to write this post I thought I had several things to write about. But it's only two. I can hardly believe it. It sure seemed like more when I first thought about it. Oh well, it's only Tuesday. Who knows what Wednesday will bring.

2 comments:

Loren said...

You are funny and honest.... Just one of the many things I like about you! Glad you got your tv working and your teeth cleaned.....

Hope Wednesday brings lots of joy, great shows, and some really good food too :)

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Oh I laughed..What a good view on life.
But about that telly (TV) bit. I watched a documentary last night on prime channel here in Oz about finding Noah's Ark... It was a secular programe and very very interesting. They did prove the flood. However, they claimed it happened 4 thousand years prior the Bible explaination.
One thing I don't believe, is how they date things!!!!
You'll often read, this or that is so many million years old! and they depend on machinery to tell them that! I depend on 'God's Word' to tell me...Praise His Name.
You and Charlotte have a wonderful evening. (its morning here) Blessings.