NO WONDER THEY CALL HIM THE SAVIOR

Friday, April 02, 2010

(My favorite book of the many Max Lucado has written, and he has written many, is No Wonder They Call Him The Savior. The following thoughts are from that wonderful book.)

Think about these words from Paul in 1 Corinthians, chapter 15.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures.

"First importance" he says.


Read on:


That he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that 
he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.


There it is. Almost too simple. Jesus was killed, buried, and resurrected. Surprised? The part that matters is the cross. No more and no less. THE CROSS.


No wonder Paul called it "the core of the gospel." Its bottom line is sobering: if the account is true, it is history's hinge. Period. If not, it is history's hoax.

No wonder they call him the Savior.

(The above words are from Max Lucado. Now I want to emphasize these words he quoted from 1 Corinthians: "...that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures."

24 comments:

michelle said...

AMEN!!! Happy Resurrection Day!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

It's true,it's almost too simple.
Blessings,
Ginger

Marsha said...

Amen!

Max Lucado is my favorite wordsmith.

Blessed Easter.

Joan Hall said...

He is Savior. Amen and Amen.

Have a blessed Easter, Clif.

Debbie said...

AMEN to it all. He is risen indeed. Have a wonderfully blessed Eaater. Debbie

Mevely317 said...

Our Savior ... oh, what a blessed assurance!

Happy Easter!

Renee said...

So simple yet so profound. Love Max Lucado..a man anointed by God to teach us all.
Have a Blessed Easter!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Amen! Happy Resurrection Day to you and your family.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RCUBEs said...

The cross...that opened up the gates of heaven for us. I love Max Lucado's simple but powerful words. Happy Resurrection Day to you and sister Charlotte. God bless you and your family.

Diva Kreszl said...

Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors, just finished reading 'Fearless', definitely a good book! Happy Easter to you :)

Karen said...

God bless you and Charlotte. Thank you for another inspiring post. Happy Easter!

Elaine said...

That is also my favorite Max Lucado book. I'll have to get my copy out and read some before I go to bed. I forgot how much I love it! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Elaine

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I've never read Max Lucado but I believe....the 'core' of the gospel...and for that...for what He did...I'm eternally grateful. Have a Happy Easter...sarah

Lisa said...

Happy Easter, Clif!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a beautiful passage and a powerful message. The cross is the turning point. Have a blessed Easter... and thank you for your generous thoughts on my blog today. Very appreciated.

Robin said...

Thanks for this post Cliff...I like the fact you pointed out the scripture from 1 Corinthians, what stood out was..."in accordance with the scriptures."

Blessings, robin

SmilingSally said...

I love Max Lucado. Have a Blessed Easter, Clif.

Regina said...

Amen!
Wonderful message.
A Blessed Easter.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I always like Max Lucado's books!

Happy Easter to you and Charlotte!

Katherine

Cathy said...

He is risen and lives forevermore! Happy Easter!

Cathy said...

I love that 1948 picture of you two! So cute ~

LivingforGod said...

"The cross of Christ reveals man's sin at its worst, but God's love at its best." ~Anonymous

Praise Jesus, our Risen Savior!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Amen, It was decided by the triune God before the foundation of the world began . His word is faithful & true !
Blessings,
~Myrna