WALKING/DANCING MY WAY AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Friday, April 09, 2010

Exercise has never been "my thing."

Some people love it. They step out with purpose. Their eyes sparkle. They whistle as they walk.

Not me! No stepping out with purpose, no sparkle--definitely no whistling. I barely breath.

Until one day, "out of the blue," I started singing along with Kenny Rogers and Dottie West.


"Your back in my arms back where you belong, the love that I knew, is living again and nothing else matters girl, we're together again...... "

I smiled, stepped out with purpose, and even did a little dance step.

But then "out of the blue" in my minds eye I saw an image of Buzz Aldrin on Dancing With The Stars.

I knocked off the dancing immediately. But I hummed along with Kenny and Dottie all the way home.

I'm sitting here this morning half awake trying to get up enough moxie to get ready for Tai Chi class.

Hey, I wonder if my instructor would let me listen to Kenny and Dottie? I wear earphones.

Nah, we exercise in front of a big mirror. Not even Kenny and Dottie can overcome that sight!

5 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

Guess I need to find 'my song'

Mevely317 said...

Good for you, Clif!!!
My shoulder's not yet ready for Tai Chi, but I've no excuse not to meander briskly.
This post makes me smile ... thanks!

Myra

Loren said...

You are so cute and funny!

and Sorry about the LONG book review post! That was all mandatory...I agree with you....WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION :) and the book was just a little thing...LOL

Would you and Charlotte become a follower of my book blog? I need more followers to make the publishers happy :) Thanks so very much!

Have a blessed Friday

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I applaud your efforts to get out and there and do whatever you can to stay healthy and fit. I love Buzz on Dancing with the Stars and think he is a huge inspiration to people everywhere who think they can't do it.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Gayle said...

Thanks for the chuckle!