NO WALK IN THE PARK

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Allergies and warm weather have driven me inside.

I prefer to walk outside but when common sense kicks in I move indoors.

I now walk at Paradise Valley Mall.

The mall is only about three minutes from our home. It's air conditioned. It's a lovely place.

I prefer to walk outside where the young people walk, jog, and run. It makes me feel youthful.

But since I know I am not young anymore, I go where the old folks go--the mall.

Charlotte goes with me. She doesn't walk--at least not around the mall. She walks up and down the aisles in Macy's or Dillards.

So walking in the mall may be helping to save my life, but it's not saving me any money.

If you see me in the mall, wave and say, "Hi." I won't be able to stop and talk. I have to keep moving.
Walking in the mall cost me money. It's no walk in the park.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

But look at all the money I save by getting something 75% off. LOL

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

This is becoming a safe alternative for everyone. Even our high school kids won't run in the neighborhood any longer due to the recent abductions on the news.

I forsee running centers where people can walk or run without fear of any crime being committed against them. It's a shame the world has come to this.

Love and Hugs ~~ Kat

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I think that this sounds like a pretty good deal for both you and Charlotte:)
Hugs,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

I like the way you think, Ginger.

Jane Anne said...

I wonder how many calories you burn shopping?!! I might give it a try!

Jane

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Please stop by my blog today for another Urgent Prayer request, this time its for my family.

http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-needed-for-kat.html

Love and Hugs ~ Kat