THE MALIBU MIRACLE

Monday, June 28, 2010

William S. Banowsky, President Emeritus of Pepperdine University has written a new book, THE MALIBU MIRACLE--A Memoir. It is about a miracle in the Santa Monica Mountains--the building of Pepperdine University at Malibu.

My interest in Pepperdine began in 1957 when I graduated from Abilene Christian College and moved to the Los Angeles area to preach for a small church in El Monte. At the same time Dr. Norvel Young moved from Lubbock, Texas to become the President of Pepperdine College located in Los Angeles. Dr. Young had relatives who were members of the congregation in El Monte and they introduced us to him. We became friends and Dr. Young guest preached for us in El Monte and later in Stockton when we moved up north.

I also became friends with Dr. Banowsky who directed the Bible Lectureships at Pepperdine and who later became President of the school and led in the building of the beautiful campus at Malibu. I taught many Bible classes during the lectureships over the years and was privileged to deliver main lectures on two occasions. I also taught Bible courses in the school's extension department. I received my Master's Degree in Bible from Pepperdine and both of our children are graduates.

I tell you all of this to say that the Ditmores have a long and loving relationship with Pepperdine University. We consider it to be one of the most beautiful campuses in America. And we also believe God's hand was in the development of this great school. It is indeed a miracle.

Many of you will have no interest at all in this book. Our interest comes from our close relationship with this school. On the other hand, many of you who read my blog also know and love Pepperdine. I encourage you to read this book. You will be thrilled.

0 comments: