NOT TODAY FOLKS

Friday, June 11, 2010

I preached every Sunday, except on rare occasion, for forty-seven years.

However, there were Sundays when if I really had wanted to be honest, I would have gone to the pulpit and said, "Not today folks, not today."

I post something new almost everyday. But today has been one of those "Not today folks" kind of days.

So I think I will just tell you what I had for breakfast and lunch today.

Did I hear you say, "Nobody cares what you had to eat today"?

You just made my point. This is one of those, "Not today folks" kind of days.

I have nothing on my mind but what I had for breakfast and lunch. Just be glad I haven't had dinner yet.

Our daughter had the day off from work so she came by and we went to breakfast. Coco's may not have the best breakfast in town, although it's very good, but I wanted to go there because I had a buy one get one free coupon. I would have gone there even if I didn't like the breakfast.


For lunch we went to one of my favorite places--Joe's Crab Shack! The food was delicious and at one point  the music began to rock the walls and the waiters and waitresses all broke into some kind of dance. It kinda scared me but it was fun. All of a sudden the loud music stopped, they all went back to work and everything was peaceful again. I'm glad they woke me up. I wouldn't have wanted to get back on the freeway full of fish and shrimp and half asleep.

4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Some days just have that feel to them more so than others. Did you know that CoCo's is offering a free slice of pie coupon if you donate a used tie to them? It's for interviews for Homeless Vets trying to find a job.

I guess I'll take Steve there and we can pass along some goodness while eating out.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

Oh, you are a hoot! I just finished eating dinner and had Fish and Shrimp :) From a box though :( NOT Joe's by any means!!

I wonder what would have happened if you ever would have done that...I mean you can't be the ONLY pastor who ever felt that way!

Hope you have a blessed weekend with your honey!

Sandy said...

Clif, I have a heart for pstors. I appreciate you and I appreciate you blogging!

Daughter of the KING said...

Your post brought a big grin to my face. Don't we all have those "not today, folks" days?

Side note: sounds like you ate well...