READ IT AGAIN SAM---CLIF

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Ever so often I have to pull it off the shelf and read it again.


Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff by the late Richard Carlson, PH.D is a splendid book.

He writes: Often we allow ourselves to get all worked up about things that, upon closer examination, aren't really that big a deal. We focus on little problems and concerns and blow them way out of proportion. ...So many people spend so much of their life  energy "sweating the small stuff" that they completely lose touch with the magic and beauty of life.

I just now read the first part of this book again.

There. I feel better already

2 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

I have a Sunday school teacher that is 85-86 y/o and repeats himself over and over and... His wife, bless her heart, never sighs or shakes her head. One of the things he repeats is: I bet you cannot remember what you were worried about this time last year. Yes, it is all small stuff.

Warren Baldwin said...

"Late" Richard Carlson? I didn't realize he had passed away. I have several of his books and like them very much.