PRAISE HIM

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.   Psalm 100:4

I LIKE TO START OFF MY DAY by thanking God for the basics: "Father, thank You for my health. Thank You for my children. Thank You for my family. Thank You for my home. Father, thank You for all You've done for me." Even when I pray, most of my praying these days is simply giving God thanks.

Friend, God already knows your needs. he already knows what you're going to say before you say it. There's nothing wrong with asking God for things---the Scripture clearly instructs us to look to Him to meet our needs---but we should spend more time praising Him for His goodness than requesting His goodies. We should spend more time giving God thanks for what He's already done than we do asking Him to do new things.

(Taken from Joel Osteen's devotional book, Your Best Life Begins Each Morning)

1 comments:

Loren said...

Amen!