THANKFUL

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Up in the morning, out on the job, work like the devil for my pay, but that lucky ol' sun's got nothin' to do, but roll around heaven all day..."

Ah yes, that lucky ol' sun. Well, I'm a lot like that lucky ol' sun right now. I've worked like the devil for many years. Now, I can just roll around beautiful Arizona all day, every day if that's what I want to do.

You see, the key to all this is being able to do whatever you want to do---and really wanting to do it!

Let me emphasize---really wanting to do it!

This morning, like yesterday morning I rolled out of bed a little after six. I made myself a delicious breakfast smoothie, Charlotte made a pot of coffee. I read the newspaper and then sat down in front of a warm fire to watch the news. In a few minutes, just like yesterday morning we will head out to our health club. They says it's our health club though I have yet to see any income statements or deposits to our bank account.

On the way to the health club I will remark to Charlotte about what a beautiful day it is. And then I will describe the scene as if she were blind and had never seen it before. The beautiful sky with it's billowy white clouds, the tall palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze, the purple mountains.

While I'm riding my two to three miles on the stationary bike I will be quietly thanking God for many, many, many things. Being grateful is not for just one day of the year you know.

Doing what you want to do--AND REALLY WANTING TO DO IT!  BE THANKFUL!

1 comments:

Loren said...

Oh Clif! I LOVE this post!

I am ever so thankful. So blessed and I Praise the LORD each and everyday for all HE has Provided.

I love hearing your day and your thankful heart! No doubt in my mind that Charlotte feels the same. No matter which of you is sharing it is soooo clear that you are both so thankful for your life and the gift of one another! That is just ONE of the many reasons I am thankful to call the two of you ...my friend!