MEAN GIRLS AT WORK―SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE ?

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Maybe you heard these words when you were a child and believed them:
What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
 Sugar and spice and everything nice? Well maybe, when they are little girls.
But little girls grow up and some people think they are not so nice―some of them!
I have been reading the book Mean Girls At Work―How To Stay Professional When Things Get Personal by Katherine Crowley and Kathi Elster. Katherine and Kathi are the authors of Working With You Is Killing Me.
Let me quickly say, "I have worked with several women, but never a mean one. But I do believe that some people have to and that they need to learn to make the best of the worst situations with other women in the work place.
I decided that since it is mainly women who read my reviews and see the books I recommend on Facebook that I would read and review this book for them. So here is my recommendation: If you are in a woman-to-woman relationship in the workplace that is complicated―read this book. 
The eight chapters are: 1 The Different Faces of Mean; 2 The Meanest of the Mean; 3 Very Mean; 4 Passively Mean; 5 Doesn't Mean to be Mean; 6 Doesn't Know She's Mean; 7 Brings Out Your Mean; 8 Group Mean.
"Sugar and spice and everything nice." Really? After reading this book, I have been made to wonder. 

1 comments:

Mevely317 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.