GOD LOVES PARTIES

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

From one end to another, the Bible is full of stories about parties.

Our Lord's first miracle, the miracle of turning water into wine, was to keep a party going.

I'm an introvert and I've never like going to a party. The entrance to a party is what I don't like. After I have been there awhile I'm always glad to be there. Being there is fun.

Being in "full-time ministry" for almost fifty years provided many opportunities to party---and party we did.

I have been in parties (social gatherings) from L.A. to Las Vegas, from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to New Deli India.

"Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast to me in the wilderness" (Exodus 5:1).

"Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb" (Revelation 19:9).

Being an introvert made it a little difficult for me to get revved up for this party business.

I went to Abilene Christian thinking and left thinking that I would study the Bible, preach, pray, visit the ill and elderly, preach funerals, officiate at weddings, etc. I never gave any thought to parties.

Well, I'm seventy-eight now and I have been to my share of parties.

Parties are God's idea.

"Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is" (l John 3:2).

I want to be like him.

LET'S PARTY!! 


0 comments: