BAGEL―WHAT'S A BAGEL? I GREW UP IN OKLAHOMA

Friday, September 13, 2013

BAGELS―(B) IN THE SERIES CLIF FROM A TO Z

"No, I don't want a bagel. People from New York like bagels. Not me. I'm from Oklahoma."

"I think you will like these. They are different." " I don't think so. I've never cared for them before."

"Well, someone brought these to our Bible Class one Sunday and they are delicious."

"You say that because you love bagels―any bagels."

"Just try one. These are Einstein Bagels."

"Hey, I do like these. Einstein huh?"

Jews in New York helped start the bagel craze when they began to long for bread from the old country, rye, challah and bagels. This once-mysterious bread now seems to be an all-American delight.

I'm still not crazy about bagels but I do enjoy almost all of the different ones made by Einstein Brothers. They are good.

Einstein's new ads encourage you to "Spice Up Your Fall With Pumpkin."

I tried these last fall. And you know what, I think they did spice up my life.

 


0 comments: