LOVING SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LOVE YOU BACK IS LIKE HUGGING A CACTUS. THE TIGHTER YOU HOLD ON THE MORE IT HURTS

Saturday, September 14, 2013

CACTUS (C) IN THE SERIES CLIF FROM A TO Z

I would never try hugging a cactus, but I do like them a lot.

Until we moved to Arizona I never gave cactus much thought. I had seen a few in other places where I had lived, Oklahoma, Texas and California, but not many.

But Arizona is different. They are everywhere.

The Saguaro is my favorite. We have one in our back yard.

When we moved into our new home in Arizona we had it professionally landscaped―Arizona style.

The one thing we didn't get was cactus.

Our friends, Homer and Bessie wanted us to forget about California and start feeling more at home in Arizona. So they brought us some cacti and even did the planting.

That was almost twenty-four years ago. Homer and Bessie have passed away. But their cacti still live and are growing in our yard. We miss our friends but we are blessed with their gifts and memories.

I love to drive out into the desert.

HERE A CACTUS. THERE A CACTUS. EVERYWHERE CACTI.




0 comments: