BOUND TO A PROMISE

Monday, December 09, 2013



BOUND TO A PROMISE
A True Story Of Love, Murder, And Redemption
By Bonnie Floyd

OVERVIEW: Based on Scotland Yard's investigation, newspaper reports, court transcripts, and eyewitness accounts, Bound to a Promise has it all―exotic settings, courtroom drama, real-life adventure, convicting testimony, and puzzling mystery. The key to this disturbing drama hangs on a very crucial and binding promise made to Bonnie. Did the promise maker keep that promise or was there a chance it was broken? The answer to that burning question had everlasting consequences both for the one who made the promise and to whom the promise was made. (From the back of the book.)

AUTHOR: BONNIE L. FLOYD has taken her contagious zeal for the Lord and her authentic love for people to various conferences, retreats and churches throughout the United States and beyond. Her powerful and dynamic messages bring the Scriptures to life for audiences of all ages and offer useful and practical ways to apply them to everyday living. For several years Bonnie served in various capacities with Women of Faith and is currently an administrator for Barry and Sheila Walsh. More importantly, she has a deep love and respect for God's Word that is born out of her service as a teacher and small group leader for more than twenty-three years.

MY REVIEW: Bound To A Promise is different from any book I have read recently. When I first read the sub-title: A True Story Of Love, Murder, And Redemption I didn't think I would be interested. I'm not into novels and that sounded like just another novel to me. But I do like true stories so that part caught my attention. When I read the words: "At six o'clock on a cold, foggy morning in Fresno, California, Bonnie Floyd's horrific nightmare began...but she was wide-awake!" she had my attention. Wow! For twenty years I lived in Stockton, California, just fifty miles north of Fresno. I know all about those cold, foggy mornings. Although this sounded like the beginning of a fiction thriller―I knew it wasn't. It was a true story. This horrific nightmare happened to a Christian. I was interested!

Bonnie tells her story with a page-turning, fiction style but Bound To A Promise is a nonfiction novel."This astonishing true story will grab you with the first sentence and hold you captive until the very last page." I agree with Sheila Walsh who wrote: "This is a heartbreaking story of intrigue, murder, and betrayal with more twists and turns than the wildest roller coaster ride. But it is so much more. This is story of redemption. This is a story of grace and of forgiveness to a depth few of us will ever know." Don't be surprised if this story captures your heart.

(I received this book from The B & B Media Group, Inc. in exchange for a fair and honest review.)

0 comments: