DOUBT DOESN'T MEAN DUMB

Saturday, January 04, 2014


DOUBT DOESN'T MEAN DUMB (D) IN THE SERIES CLIF FROM A TO Z
 
 
 
I have doubts.
 
Heaven, hell, death---you name it. I have lots of questions. Doubts.
 
Is it possible to have faith in the presence of doubt? Yes. I think so.
 
I have faith too. And as John Ortberg says, "I have bet the farm."
 
I have spent my life studying, thinking, reading and teaching about God and God "stuff."
 
I believe. But I do have doubts.
 
There is a mystery about faith that I don't understand.
 
But I strongly believe that faith is our only hope. And having doubts doesn't mean I don't have faith.
 
I have faith and doubt. And I can live with that.
 
I do not have to be certain about everything in order to have faith.
 
Charles Templeton lost faith and said, "Farewell To God." That's the title of one of his books.
 
For more than twenty years, Charles Templeton was a major figure in the church in Canada and the United states. During the 1950's he and his friend, Billy Graham were the two most successful exponents of mass evangelism in North America.
 
I don't have that kind of doubt. I haven't given up on God and I have FAITH that He HAS NOTgiven up on me!
 
What matters most is not certainty, but faithfulness. There are times when we will have to make commitment without total certainty. For the most important decisions in life, this is almost always the case.
 
PRESSING ON.

0 comments: