SOMEWHERE SAFE WITH SOMEBODY GOOD

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good is the title of Jan Karon's new book.

After a nine--year absence from publishing, Jan is revisiting the iconic community of Mitford, North Carolina. Fans are eager to be brought up to date with changes in the sleepy mountain village.

The title of the book is what caught my attention.

I immediately thought to myself, "Yes, that's what everybody wants. Is to be somewhere safe with somebody good."

It's a rare, overcast morning here in the Phoenix area. Rain is moving in. A tropical storm off the coast is pushing rain into the valley.

My thoughts turn to autumn and cooler weather, the fireplace and a good book.

My mind is also filled with thoughts of life in general.

Life is marching on. Relatives were here for a few days and have now gone home. We won't see them again for several months. Some of us are elderly and won't be around too long. All my brothers and sisters are gone and I am the last man standing on that side of the family.

I get lonely at times but I am never alone. God is always present.

I receive great comfort from having my wife and children with me. I think of them when I think of Jan's book title, Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good.

But even above and beyond them is the feeling I get from knowing God is with me.

He gives real meaning to the thought: SOMEWHERE SAFE WITH SOMEBODY GOOD!

0 comments: