YOU CAN YOU WILL

Tuesday, January 13, 2015


YOU CAN YOU WILL
8 Undeniable Qualities Of A Winner
By Joel Osteen

OVERVIEW: "This is your time. This is your moment. Put your shoulders back. Hold your head up high. Walk with confidence. Winning is in your DNA, and it's about to come out in a greater way. You may have had some victories in the past, but you haven't seen anything yet. As you put these principles into action, you will step into a new level of your destiny. You will discover talents you didn't know you had, and you will see God's blessing and favor in amazing ways. Get ready! You can, you will." – Joel Osteen, from the Introduction.

AUTHOR: Joel Osteen is the senior pastor of America's largest church―Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. His weekly services are seen by more than 10 million viewers each week in the United States, and millions more in 100 nations around the world. He is author of six #1 national bestselling books and has been named by numerous publications as one of the most influential Christian leaders in the world. He resides in Houston with his wife, Victoria, and their children.

MY REVIEW: This is a good book. It is another book by Joel Osteen that is uplifting, encouraging and will make you feel better about yourself. I do not tout Osteen as a great preacher of the gospel. I honestly do not know his doctrinal position on many matters that I consider important. I just know that he brings a message of hope. I like him, not so much as a preacher of the gospel, but as a good person with an encouraging message. He lifts you up when you are down. Regardless, there are many that do not like him or his message. I am not here to defend Osteen or his message but simply to say that I like him and this is a good book.

Osteen presents the message of this book in eight brief chapters: Keep Your Vision in Front of You, Run Your Race, Expect Good Things, Have a Positive Mind-set, Commit to Excellence, Keep Growing, Serve Others, Stay Passionate. Now for the life of me I can't find anything wrong with this message. To the contrary, I like it! So I recommend this book as one that will help you reach your potential and achieve new levels of success in your life.

(I received this book from Hackett Book Group in exchange for a fair and honest review.)

0 comments: