BLESSED ARE THE MISFITS

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

  


BLESSED ARE THE MISFITS
By Brant Hansen

OVERVIEW: Blessed Are the Misfits is both highly provocative and humbly personal. Leavened with the dry, self-effacing humor that is a hallmark of Hansen's style, it will help you embrace the freedom to be yourself even as you discover just how astonishingly good God really is.

AUTHOR: Brant Hanson is a syndicated radio host heard nationwide on more than two hundred stations and on the popular Brant and Sherri Oddcast podcast. His writing has been featured online by CNN, the Washington Post, Relevant Magazine, and US News and World Report. He also speaks across the country about his faith, his life as an "Aspie" (he was diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder). and his work with CURE International. Follow Brant on Twitter and Instagram at @branthansen, "Brant Hansen Page" on Facebook, or at branthansen.com.

MY REVIEW: This special book brings great news for believers who are introverts, spiritual strugglers, or just feel like they're missing something. I agree with radio host, Lisa Barry who wrote, "This book is one-of-a-kind and such a breath of fresh air! If God seems to stir the emotions of everyone on the planet, except you...it's not just you! In Blessed Are the Misfits, Brant Hansen has signed a clean bill of health for those of us who feel as though our lack of emotional fervor is a disease to be cured!"

Broadcaster, author, Joe Battaglia said it better than I ever could, "Blessed Are the Misfits is provocative, and it is also wonderful. Brant makes it clear: for those who want God, He is in it with you. And that's great news for all the 'misfits' who feel like God is distant and they just don't belong. This book will refresh your weary, good-work-oriented soul. Pick it up and rejoice!"

My name is Clifton Ditmore and I'm an introvert. There. I said it. I'm an introvert. And yet for forty-seven years I got up every Sunday and preached to people gathered for worship. But I never felt comfortable speaking to individuals or small groups. Also on Sunday evenings I was drained. I was emotionally worn out. Public speaking and socializing will do that to introverts. I wish I could have read Blessed Are The Misfits back then. Life would have been much easier for me.

The warning on the book reads, "If modern church culture makes perfect sense to you and you always fit in seamlessly, don't read this." I add, if you struggle to be social, confident, or happy,if you feel like a misfit—get this book.

(I received this book from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for a fair and honest review.)

0 comments: