THE JOY OF DISCOVERING WHO YOU ARE

Monday, August 19, 2019



THE JOY OF DISCOVERING WHO YOU ARE

In his excellent book, SOUL PRINT, Mark Batterson tells the story of Corrie ten Boom traveling the world sharing her story of the atrocities she experienced at the hands of the Nazis. After a speech she would hold up a needlepoint she had been working on. The backside was a jumble of colors and threads with no discernible pattern. And she'd say, "That's how we see our lives. Sometimes it makes no sense." Then she'd turn the needlepoint over to reveal the finished side. And Corrie would conclude by saying, "This is how God views your life, and someday we will have the privilege of seeing it from His point of view."

Who are you? Who am I? There has never been and never will be anyone else like you. The same is true of all of us. We all should be on a journey to be all that God made us to be. Our moments of life are important. Moment by moment. Everything that has and will happen to us is shaping us to be who we are. I want to be me. I want to be who God intended for me to be!

I truly believe with all of my heart that God intended for me to be a preacher. I look back over my life and I see many of the moments meant to shape me into being ME. Of course I do not recognize them all. But I do recognize many that to my mind, point me in the right direction.

Don't take life for granted. Thank God for His providence. He is leading. Follow Him into the joy of you BEING YOU! Nobody else can be. Just you. Press on with Joy.

Corrie ten Boom often concluded her talks with the following poem:

                                 My life is but a weaving between my God and me,
                                 I do not choose the colors, He works so steadily,
                                 Oft times He weaves in sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
                                 Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside
                                 Not till the loom is silent, and the shuttles cease to fly
                                 Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why,
                                 The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver's skillful
                                        hand
                                 As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has
                                       planned.

4 comments:

simran said...

Location is a big part of the real estate selection process. Look into the surrounding areas as much as you do the features of the home. Find out how much of a distance you are going to have to travel to work. Get information about shopping, law enforcement, hospitals and doctor's offices, day-care and schools and the traffic and parking to be sure it will be convenient for your family.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

Not all coffee should be stored in the freezer because doing so could result in less tasty coffee. Instead, you should divide your weekly stash of beans into equal amounts and keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. The future week amounts can be stored in the freezer.
satta king
play bazaar

jatin said...

Always remember that to be a great basketball player, you've got to be a great athlete first. Put as much time into conditioning your body and increasing your endurance as you do shooting and passing. This will improve your play under even the most excruciating circumstances, making you an invaluable team member.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazar said...

Shine reddens complement blemishes. Matte reddens, then again, can cover imperfections, assisting with giving you the vibe of brilliant, faultless skin.
play bazaar
satta king