Church Attendance

Monday, December 26, 2005

I attended the Candle Light Service at Lincoln Heights Christian Church on Christmas Eve. The attendance was way down---I mean way down from past years. I don't know why. It just was. I wasn't there but I heard it was down again on Christmas Day (111). This time it may have been because they forgot to fix the doors so they would stay unlocked. Some may have been locked out.

Christmas Day we attended the worship service at Chaparrel Christian Church. The building was packed.

I heard that some churches dismissd their services on Christmas Day.

I have always believed that church attendance is very important to spiritual growth.

Reese Witherspoon says this about church attendance:

I was raised going to church every Sunday, and I go to church most Sundays with my kids. For me, where I'm at in my career, so many people want to put you in a place that you're not real and treat you like you're not real. For me it's a great experience of grounding, and I stand next to people who have nothing and who have everything, and we all treat each other the same, because we all are the same. It's just like a little weekly reminder. So that's helpful to me, actually.

0 comments: