GOD WILL DO THE REST

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BOOK REVIEW--GOD WILL DO THE REST--7 Keys to the Desires of Your Heart by Catherine Galasso-Vigorito

In the introduction to her splendid book, God Will Do The Rest--7 Keys to the Desires of Your Heart, Catherine Galasso-Vigorito says, "Today, the times of change and challenge we face require more faith than ever before. When we support and uplift others, even in small ways, we are serving God. I rejoice in the Scripture that says, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the lest of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:40 NIV).

The inside flap of the book's dust jacket reads: "For over fifteen years, Catherine Galasso-Vigorito has reached a worldwise audience with her acclaimed syndicated column, "A New You." Over one million readers seeking to strenthen their faith--from homemakers to CEOs to clergymen to teenagers--have written to share their gratitude for her inspiring words."

It goes on to say, "Catheine knows personally about the power of healing words and uplifting thoughts. like all of us, she has had her share of difficult times, but throughout each challenge she knew that faith was the first step, and after that, "God would do the rest."

Catherine writes about seven keys: Faith, persistence, optimism, hope, gratitude, love and forgiveness. This book is filled with stories and illustrations, one after another, to inspire and instruct. Each story touches the heart and reveals a key to His Kingdom. All we need to do is use these keys to open the first door, and then the second, and when all are opened, stand back and watch in gratitude. For God really will do the rest!

I hope you leave a comment saying you would like to read this book. Due to the generosity of the Hachette Book Group I have five copies that I can give away. Please read the instructions below and leave a comment.


LEAVE A COMMENT, MAKE ME HAPPY AND ALSO WIN A BOOK. PLEASE DO IT. YOU WILL ENJOY THIS BOOK.

The generous folks at Hachette Book Group are allowing me to host this book giveaway for five (5) copies!

  • Winners are restricted to the US and Canada. No PO Box mailing address please.

  • You do not have to be a blogger to win. You can win more than once on my blog.
  • I MUST have a way of contacting you, so be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
  • Some choose to omit the @ sign and the . dot by writing it in "code" like this: you (at) your email (dot)com.
  • I'll close the comments August 12 and pick the five winners. I will contact the winners via email to get their mailing information. The winners will have three days to respond. If I do not hear from them within three days, I will select another winner(s).

16 comments:

Bab's Kitchen said...

Cliff I would love to win that book. I must confess that surendering my life to God is not very easy for me.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I would love to win a copy of this book. It seems to speak to me in a place I find myself in life at this time.

You can contact me at Stevenkat27@verizon.net

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

If it's not too much for me to try again with your generosity after winning the last time, and get a hold of this book who has the ways of finding the "keys to God's Kingdom", I'm in...I know I need to grow more and reading others encouraging faith aside from His Word, will help me "big time" and this is something I know I can use at my workplace since Matthew 25:40 was quoted. Thank you for these blessings you always share with us...God bless you more.

sanrey91[at]aol[dot]com

SmilingSally said...

Although it sounds like another good one, I'm still swamped with all the books I have to read, so I'll pass.

Anonymous said...

Would be very interested in a try for this book. Thank You! for offering to one that has yet to have a blog- very kind of you to think of everyone. The scripture of helping others is what it is all about! Patience and "Faith" are what I have to work on!
Blessings to you! Karyl

Musings of A Minister said...

Karyl,
I have no way of contacting you therefore you cannot win. If you should return and see this message please leave an email address.

Cheptoek said...

I would indeed look forward to reading a book as this one. This is my second time to enter your book give-away. I hope I win this time! How generous of you to keep having these.
My email: clesiew@gmail.com
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

As always I'm glad to come back. Please enter me in the draw.
Sandy at rickmc@recn.ca

Cherdecor said...

This book looks like another good one, Cliff. My email address is
cherdecor@verizon.net

Loren said...

Clif,

This book sounds so good and so instructional! Yet another that I would love to share in our family meetings :)

My email is

lrn.mcghee@gmail.com

blessings to you and thankyou for this opportunity!

Tea said...

I would love to read and study "God Will Do The Rest." I battle with this very thought daily. It's so important for me to learn it.

teakettle58@yahoo.com

Jblanton said...

I would love to read this book as I am always looking for good christian material to help with my daily walk with God. Thanks so much

ejxd95@gmail.com

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
Would love to win this book. Please enter me in the drawing.


Lampjeenie(at)yahoo(dot)com



~Jean

Mary said...

Hi Clif, I thought I entered this drawing, but don't see my name, so perhaps I entered the other book drawing. would appreciate it if you would add my name. Thank you!
Mary

orangetea@astound.net

Anonymous said...

Please just disregard my wanting to enter-- I am use to the blogs that openly list their winners. That way one can see who actually won. Thanks anyway.
Karyl

Unknown said...

It's me again on the same night, the first night to visit your blog. As a teacher, preacher and would be writer of sorts, I'm always looking for fresh new ideas, and especially stories. Stories for me have become the best way to have ideas "stick in the mind" - Jesus taught us this didn't he. I'd like this book. Thanks for the possibility. bjdeason@comcast.net