BOOK REVIEW

Monday, October 05, 2009

EXTRAORDINARY--The Life You're Meant to Live by John Bevere

In his excellent book, EXTRAORDINARY--The Life You're Meant to Live, "best-selling author, John Bevere reveals how all of us were 'meant for more,' extraordinarily created and intended for a life that is anything but ordinary. Here is the roadmap for your journey of transformation. You are marked for a life that far surpasses the usual definitions of success or fulfillment."

Kurt Warner, NFL quarterback and two-time league MVP said, "John Bevere has done a wonderful job of showing what God created us for and how that applies to all areas of our lives."

I like these words by Bevere, "I see a generation comprised of all ages, inclusive of men and women, awakening to the extraordinary qualities hidden within. The power to accomplish remarkable feats and live an exceptional life is not defined by an individual's family, education, or occupation; it's a disposition of the heart. Unless it's suppressed, there is an innate desire to rise above the norm. I encourage you to step into the unknown, embrace the divine empowerment, and live your extraordinary life."

The thing that impressed me the most about this book is the number of Scriptures referred to and the splendid commentary on each one by John Bevere. I went away thinking this is not just his opinion this is straight out of the Word of God. James Robison, LIFE Outreach international, said, "John Bevere is one of the most passionate people I know, and I believe he has truly grasped the meaning of John 10:10: 'I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.' In Extraordinary he digs into the Word to show what it looks like to please God and use the talents he has given us."

I recommend this book as one that will help you to see that extraordinary living is within every person's reach.

You may purchase this book at http://www.randomhouse.com/


9 comments:

The Bliss Journey said...

Sounds like a really good book. I am taking The Power To Change Today on vacation with me next week.
Have a great week.
Kathleen

Loren said...

Clif,
I have had the privelege of seeing John a number of times here in Ok. He is one of my FAVORITE teachers and truly ANOINTED by God. His ministry is powerful to say the least! If you ever have the chance to do his video lessons during the sunday school hour WOW you will be changed forever!

Thanks forthis review! I have never been disappointed by any of his books!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

What a great book to be able to read and then review. Sounds like another must read.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mary said...

Thanks for the review, Clif...John 10:10 is a favorite verse of mine, it speaks to me in many ways. I think this book is for me right now..going to go get it.

Blessings,
Mary

Messenger International said...

Thank you for this review, Clif. And thanks to your followers for their support. Today is the day... Extraordinary has officially released!

Many blessings!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clif,
I enjoy John's books and have read many of them. Thanks for your review.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. I have not read any of his books but this one sounds like a great one to read. I would love for you to put my name in the pile.
Blessings,
Ginger

Andi said...

I read and reviewed this book and I found it to be full of all kinds of theology problems and John himself does a lot of self promoting of his "ministry". He uses several different versions of the Bible which leads to inconsistency. Not knowing anything about him and having these issues about the book I googled him and found he use to work for Benny Hinn and that raised a HUGE red flag. I wouldn't give it away I'd burn it!

Andi said...

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments. I respect where you're coming from. I've had the priviledge to be pastored by many pastors, and live all over and my threshold for disception is very low. I just don't tolerate it. Believe me I will be back too! Have a great weekend! :-) Andi