A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO REST

Friday, September 21, 2012

A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO REST
14 Types of Biblical Rest that will Transform Your Life
by Denise George

OVERVIEW: The best overview of A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO REST comes from Diane M. Fink, Director Aglow Institute of Ministry: "Based solidly on the Scriptures, and personalized through real-life experiences we can all relate to, Denise leads us on a journey to discover fourteen specific types of biblical rest that is sure to impact every reader's life. You'll find practical tools to use in your private devotional time as well as helps for interactive group study."

AUTHOR: Denise George has ministered to women through speaking, teaching, and writing for more than three decades. She is the author of 25 books and more than 1500 articles in both Christian and secular magazines. She has traveled the world, and spoken to and met women from many different cultures.

MY REVIEW: This is a wonderful book! There. I said it. No 'beating around the bush" and waiting until the last sentence of the last paragraph. This is a wonderful book!

This book is especially for women. But not just for women. I'm a man and I found something of value in every chapter and almost every page. Denise George has great insight into the type of rest God's Word clearly teaches. I confess I did not have that insight until I read her words describing that rest in such an informative and interesting way.

As a Senior Minister for close to fifty years I studied the Word of God with sincere dedication. Yet, as I read this book I kept saying to myself, "Why didn't I see this before?" As I read from chapter to chapter I would be thinking, "This must be the best chapter in the book." But then I would move on and read the next chapter and rethink my decision. "No, this is the best chapter." I ended up with: "They are all great chapters."

The sub-title says the 14 types of Biblical rest will transform your life. Will they? I think so. I really do.

(I received this book from Leafwood Publishers in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.)

0 comments: