BOOK REVIEW

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SUN STAND STILL⏤What Happens When You Dare To Ask God For The Impossible
By Steven Furtick

OVERVIEW: Steven Furtick says this about his book: "This book is not a Snuggie. The words on these pages will not go down like Ambien. I'm not writing to calm or coddle you. With God's help, I intend to incite riot in your mind. Trip your breakers and turn out the lights in your favorite hiding places of insecurity and fear. Then flip the switch back on so that God's truth can illuminate the divine destiny that may have been lying dormant inside you for years. In short, I'm out to activate your audacious faith. To inspire you to ask God for the impossible. And in the process, to reconnect you with your God-sized purpose and potential."

AUTHOR: Steven Furtick is the founder and lead pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina, named by Outreach magazine as one of the top ten fastest growing churches in the nation. He and his wife, Holly, have two young sons and make their home in the Charlotte area.

MY REVIEW: This book is extra special and very inspiring! I say this because I truly believe it and also to say loud and clear how much I disagree with two other reviewers. One of them titled his review: Decent But Not Extra Special and the other reviewer's title was: Not Very Inspiring. I couldn't believe they were reviewing the same book I had just read. Well, I guess this just goes to show that we all have different opinions. Of course, theirs is just as good as mine and maybe even better. But since this is my review I have to state my opinions. So again, I want to say that I found this book to be extra special and very inspiring. In reading this book I was challenged in ways that I haven't been in a long time. I feel strongly that many others will feel the same way and I want to recommend this book to everybody. Andy Stanley, senior pastor at North Point Community Church said, "Steven Furtick challenges all of us⏤from the missionary in the third world to the family in the suburbsto believe God for the impossible and begin living a life of faith beyond the ordinary." Craig Groeschel, senior pastor, LifeChurch.tv; author of Chazown and The Christian Atheist wrote: "Pastor Steven Furtick is not normal. The incredible move of God at Elevation Church is not normal. Unfortunately, audacious faith is also not normal. I don't know anyone better positioned to challenge you to rise above mundane living and embrace faith-filled audacity than Steven Furtick. Sun Stand Still is a call for us to live with such audacious faith that people like Pastor Steven and churches like Elevation become the norm rather than the exception."

(I received this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.) 

0 comments: