INTO THE STORM

Saturday, July 16, 2011

"What was meant to be a six-week reprieve from Haiti for missionaries Pritchard and Dana Adams, resulted in a 52 day standoff with the forces of darkness. Pritchard, after suffering a brain aneurysm while ministering in Didsbury, Alberta (Canada), hemorrhaged a second time and was given very little hope of recovery...if he survived at all. Locked in a deadly battle for her husband's life, Dana engaged in a spiritual combat that surpassed anything she had ever known. Knowing that Pritchard's life was in the balance with so much at stake, she and a faithful cast of intercessors chose to advance Into the Storm instead of retreating from it." 

Pritchard and Dana Adams have been serving in Haiti since January 1983, first as directors of Victory Christian Academy in Port-au-Prince, a multinational, English-speaking day school (1-12), then in a teaching capacity with the Pentecostal Holiness Bible school and with various independent churches in crusades and seminars.

As an independent book reviewer I have all the books I need to review. I usually do not accept the job of reviewing a book I know nothing about. However, when Dana asked me to review her book on my blog I agreed to do so simply out of respect for her work as a missionary. I told her it would be awhile before I could find time for it. But when her small book arrived yesterday I opened it and began to read and didn't put it down until I had finished reading the entire book. I knew then I wanted to make this book known to those of you who read and write for Spiritual Sundays.

In the midst of her storm, Dana longed to hear someone's story of not only fighting for their loved one, but winning! Daring to fight for a miracle and receiving it. After receiving her miracle she knew she wanted to write her book for others, to offer them hope, and to assure them that God is truly a God of miracles.

(Into the Storm  is available online at these websites: barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com. Copies may be obtained from their home office address: Rehoboth Ministries, Inc., 333 Hilliard Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28311
for $10.00. )

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

My first impression?
"I want to read more!"

Hopefully, I've finally come to trust my hunches ... and act on them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Clif!

Wishing you and Charlotte a wonderful day!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! Sounds like a fascinating story and I'll definitely put it on my "must read" list.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Sounds like a wonderfully inspiring book.I will put this on my must read list.

Anonymous said...

That sounds totally awesome!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this does sound awesome. And I love true stories.

Pamela said...

Sounds like something I would like to read. I love true stories of people who "go beyond" when serving Christ. Thanks for sharing it with us.