THE TWELVE COMMANDMENTS OF WEALTH

Saturday, June 27, 2009

BOOK REVIEW--THE RICHEST MAN IN TOWN --The Twelve Commandments of Wealth by W. Randall Jones

You may not really care who is the richest man in your town. But if you are like most people, you are a little curious about just who he might be. You may not discover who that person is in your town by reading The Richest Man In Town but you can discover who that man is in one hundred towns by reading this interesting book.

We are all familiar with the warnings about the love of money. Well this is not a book about loving money. This is a book about successful people and how they are not so different from one another.They all share many of the same traits and follow what the author calls the Twelve Commandments of Wealth: stay hungry (even when you're successful)...you really do learn more from failing than you may think...absolutely be your own boss, the sooner the better...understand that selling is the key to success...where you live doesn't matter...never retire, and other, more surprising revelations.

I found this book to be practical, unique, and inspiring. It lets you look inside the living rooms of dozens of America's most successful people. If you are a people person and interested in what "makes them tick" then you will love this book. It is filled with many quotes that will motivate and inspire you to be the best you can be.

Every town has one--the richest man or woman, that is. I am curious by nature and when I picked up this book I wanted to know if it said anything about the richest man in Scottsdale, Arizona. It does. I smiled. I was pleased. But I was also interested in the stories behind all the other successful people in the other ninety-nine towns. I think you will be too.

LEAVE A COMMENT, MAKE ME HAPPY AND ALSO WIN A BOOK. PLEASE DO IT. YOU WILL ENJOY THIS BOOK.

The generous folks at Hachette Book Group are allowing me to host this book giveaway for five (5) copies!

  • Winners are restricted to the US and Canada. No PO Box mailing address please. You do not have to be a blogger to win. You can win more than once on my blog.
  • I MUST have a way of contacting you, so be sure to leave your email address in your comment.
  • Some choose to omit the @ sign and the . dot by writing it in "code" like this: you (at) your email (dot)com.
  • I'll close the comments July 17 and pick the five winners. I will contact the winners via email to get their mailing information. The winners will have three days to respond. If I do not hear from them within three days, I will select another winner(s).

7 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
I think I would be very interested in reading this book. Please put my name in the hat!


Lampjeenie(at)Yahoo(dot)com

~Jean

Anonymous said...

I always thought "wealth" was kind of like Happiness-- It is what we make of a situation! The glass is half full or half empty so to speak! Wonder if the book is kind of like books on making your own happiness!
Karyl

k(underscore)d(underscore)charlie(at)yahoo(dot)com.

ChristyJan said...

I could use a little practical, unique, and inspiring reading in my life right now. Please enter me.

hawkes (at)citlink.net

Barb Davis said...

I love this drawing.

fatimastreasure(at)hotmail(dot)com

Kaizen Fashion Project said...

I've heard fantastic things about this book, please accept my entry!

heatheranne99 at hotmail dot com

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Clif I would like to read this book. Please accept my entry.
Sherry

stoneshy(at)msn(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm with you I always want to know the story behind the story, the whys and hows. Thank you for sharing your review. My google account won't let me comment so I'm anonymous for now. rickmc@recn.ca