BOOK REVIEW

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

THE FINAL SUMMIT
A Quest To Find The One Principle
That Will Save Humanity
By Andy Andrews


 OVERVIEW: David Ponder is back. This time the fate of mankind is in his hands. This is mankind’s last chance. Centuries of greed, pride, and hate have sent humanity hurtling toward disaster, and far from its original purpose. There is only one solution that can reset the compass and right the ship, and it consists of only two words.
With time running out, it is up to David Ponder and a cast of history’s best and brightest minds to uncover this solution before it is too late. The catch? They are allowed only five tries to discover the answer.
Readers first encountered David Ponder in The Traveler's Gift. Now, in The Final Summit, Andrews combines a riveting narrative with astounding history in order to show us the one thing we must do when we don’t know what to do.

AUTHOR: Hailed by a New York Times reporter as "someone who has quietly become one of the most influential people in America," ANDY ANDREWS is a bestselling novelist and in-demand speaker for the world's largest organizations. He has spoken at the request of four different United States presidents and at military bases worldwide. Andy appears frequently on CNN, Fox News, and ABC's Good Morning America. he is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The Noticer and The Traveler's Gift. 

MY REVIEW: This is a book you will not only enjoy reading, but will profit from. Andy Andrews is a marvelous communicator. He is one of the best. He is able to take some of life's most perplexing problems and help us to work through them. I have no way to know this, but I believe that his words change lives. At least it seems to me that this will be true. Do I wish he had pointed to Christ as THE saving principle for humanity. YES, I do! But I believe that "at the end of the day" he will accomplish more for Christ by writing the way he does. I believe that writing the way he does is his calling from God. Doors are now open for him that would not be if he spoke more directly about Christ and used more religious terminology. Bookshelves groan under the weight of books relating directly to Christ and stating clearly that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Andrews is winning friends and influencing people that preachers and theologians are unable to reach. What I love about this book is the way Andrews is able to teach us about the world and cause us to reflect on life. I agree with Zig Ziglar who said: "Every generation or so, God produces a person who can communicate like no one else. His words are like cool water to a thirsty civilization. Andy Andrews is one of the best I have ever seen."

(My thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishers for providing me with this book for an honest review.)

4 comments:

Loren said...

I LOVE your Perspective on this book Clif! I hadn't even considered this....I hate to say I wasn't as kind as you in my review....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and helping me to see it a bit differently!

bp said...

Enjoyed your review. My husband and I both just read Andrews' Island of the Saints. It was a great read. I haven't read Traveler's Gift yet but my husband has.

Ruth said...

You've peaked my curiosity. I will check into this book.

Patti Hanan said...

I haven't yet read Andy Andrew's books, but will start, based on your review. By the way, I love the picture of you and Charlotte in 1948 :)