BOOK REVIEW

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GOD'S HEALING WORDS
Health, Healing, And Recovery
By Debbie Marrie, General Editor

OVERVIEW: God's Healing Words demonstrates God's desire to restore your entire being to health. This insightful book full of scriptures, quotations and prayers on healing lets you meditate and then pray for yourself and your loved ones to receive the precious promises that God has given us. You will discover: HEALING words for your BODY, HEALING words for your SPIRIT, HEALING words for GRIEF and DEPRESSION, HEALING for your MARRIAGE and other RELATIONSHIPS, HEALING  through FORGIVENESS.

MY REVIEW: This splendid little book is a pocket guide of scriptures and prayers. For me, the greatest value of this book is the pulling together into one place these many scriptures, prayers and quotes on healing. It is encouraging to read scriptures like Psalm 103:2-5 "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!" Of course ever scripture has to be read in context and interpreted with common sense. You may find an example of healing or a story that you do not fully agree with. This is common with any book. But generally speaking, this is a powerful book that  will lift you up and draw you closer to a God that cares, filled with mercy and grace. Again, in my opinion the greatest value of this book is that it is so easy to just pick it up and immediately find scriptures to lift your spirit and give you hope. This is the kind of book that you would like to share with someone going through suffering. They need to meditate on these "wonderful words of life."

1 comments:

Loren said...

Great review! Sounds like a great gift as well as having one for yourself! :) Love that!!