IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT FEAR

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: FEARLESS--Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado


Fearless by Max Lucado is another "Wow" read. When are we going to say, "Well, Max missed it this time." Or when are we going to stop saying, "He's done it again. Another winner." I don't know. How about never!


Publishers Weekly wrote, "Skillful as a surgeon, Lucado discerns and identifies the cancer of fear that touches every human being, and with like precision speaks healing words that cut right to the heart."


The following words from the dust jacket give an overview of our problem with fear: "Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear. They're talking layoffs at work, slowdowns in the economy, fare-ups in the Middle East, turnovers at headquarters, downturns in the housing market, and upswings in global warming. The plague of our day, terrorism, begins with the word terror. Fear, it seems, has taken a hundred year lease on the building next door and set up shop. Oversized and rude, fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors. Wouldn't it be great to walk out?"


One of my closest friends, an elder in the church, doesn't like Max's books as much as I do. I can remember the first book he wrote and how powerfully it touched my life. Maybe that's one of the reasons I race to read everything he writes. My friend is more into serious theology and serious questions that have gone unanswered through the ages. Max speaks to common people about everyday problems. If that's you. You will like this book.


The dust jacket encourages: "Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, or doubt, what would remain? Envision the day when you can trust more and fear less."


"Can You Imagine Your Life Without Fear?"

9 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Everybody seems to be talking about this newest Max Lucado book. I guess fear is a very timely and relevant topic now. We are doing a fall giveaway at Laced with Grace and the bible study with Max's book is the prize.

bp said...

Great review! I liked how well you described what Max does to speak to "common people about everyday problems." Very accurate and well said!

Have a good week!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I am a huge Max Lucado fan, and I too, can't get enough of his works. The man is funny as he writes the truth of Gods' words interwoven with inspirational and motivating thoughts.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Robin said...

Last night in the middle of the night fear and anxiety where hoovering over my heart, but God's word won! thank you Clif for the review.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Clif,
I love Max Lucado's writings! I enjoyed your review and look forward to reading this one down the road. Have a great day.

Blessings,
Sandi

SmilingSally said...

I love Max Lucado.

michelle said...

sounds like a really good book. =]

Regina said...

Thanks for sharing. I haven't read it yet.
SpiritualSunday
Regina

michelle said...

I want to live a fearless life... fear is opposite of faith and makes me sad... it's a sign I don't trust God enough... I want to live a fearless life!