A MOVING STORY OF COMMON WISDOM

Monday, April 27, 2009

BOOK REVIEW--THE NOTICER BY ANDY ANDREWS


“This is the best book I have ever read in my life.” These are the words of Nancy Lopez, LPGA Hall of Famer. She also said, “The Noticer is completely absorbing. Anything less than stunning would be an understatement.”


The Noticer by Andy Andrews, New York best-selling author of The Traveler’s Gift is, as Nancy Lopez said, “completely absorbing.” It may not be the best book I have ever read, but it is not far from it. I recommend it as a book that everybody needs to read and a book that everybody will enjoy reading and profit from. Most of us find it difficult to find the “perfect gift” for our friends graduating from high school and college. Andy Andrews’ book is that “perfect gift.”


The only reason I didn’t read this book through in one sitting is because I was interrupted to do something else. When I picked it up again I read straight through to the end.


An old drifter named Jones taught a community of people how to develop the proper perspective about poverty, failing marriage, old age, lost dreams, failing business, and more. He taught them one by one that they did not have to feel desperate and at a dead end. He gave them hope by showing them they needed to change and how to do it. To him there was no such thing as a dead end. It only takes a little “perspective,” he says, to recognize the miracles in our moments, the seeds of greatness tucked into our struggles.


This splendid book will make you think, learn, pray, plan and dream.

You must read this book. It was written for you!

6 comments:

bp said...

Wonderful review! I loved it as well. My husband already finished it too.

SmilingSally said...

Good gift idea--just in time for Mother's day, Father's day, and graduation.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sounds like another great read! I'll have to look into getting a copy. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day, Clif.

Blessings,
Sandi

Amanda said...

Hi there-

You have been nominated for an Awesome Blog 2009 Award! Stop by and see what category someone thought you rocked!!

http://awesomestblogs2009.blogspot.com/

God bless-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a book I would enjoy. I hope to get a copy!
Wayne

Sue said...

Great review! Not wanting to or being able to put a book down once you have started is a sure sign that it is a great one. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for stopping.
Blessings,
Sue