GOOD DAY!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

When I am not reviewing books I like to post about what is going on in my life. That's the reason I started blogging in the first place. It's a way to communicate with friends and loved ones without having to write each one of them.

I have a large library of good books--very good books.

So on those rare occasions when I am not reviewing a book provided by a publisher or not posting about something I am doing in my retirement days, I pull out one of my favorites and post about it.

Good Day! The Paul Harvey Story by Paul J. Batura is one of those favorites.

"He was the voice of an era. Millions grew up listening to Paul Harvey News and Comment and The Rest of the Story, and trusted the great man who spoke for the little guy. Good Day! by Paul J. Batura follows the remarkable life of one of the founding fathers of the news media. Paul Harvey started his career during the Great Depression and narrated America's story day by day, through wars and peace, the threat of communism and the crumbling of old colonial powers, consumer booms and eventual busts."

Another one of my favorite people, Mike Huckabee, former governor of Arkansas and now a Fox News political commentator, wrote the forward to the book. Huckabee said, "Beyond the story of a life well-lived, Good Day! captures the essence of this late radio pioneer. Mr. Harvey embodied our common American ideals."

This is a colorful biography of a radio legend who guided us through dark times and good times. Paul Harvey spoke for the average people trying to make it day by day. He gave us the world using words we could understand and he did it with a sense of optimism and faith. He loved America!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Paul Harvey was my kind of man.

2 comments:

Mevely317 said...

... and mine, as well, Clif. I miss Paul Harvey!

SmilingSally said...

Both of those men are winners in my mind's eye.