Some Days Are Just Like That

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The day is almost gone and I haven't written a thing. Some days are just like that.

I worked all morning trying to repair the lights on a prelit Christmas tree. Some of them were stubborn and wouldn't burn. I rented a magic machine that was suppose to tell me what was wrong and what to do. The man at the store said, "Most people tell me it takes only about fifteen minutes and the job is done." Made my way home singing, "Have a Holly, Jolly, Christmas.... "Several hours later I was sitting on the floor with my head in my hands muttering an old saying, "This is enough to make a preacher cuss." Then it dawned on me, I am a preacher---or used to be. I decided not to cuss, only because I didn't think it would do any good. I had to leave for a doctor's appointment. I have been "suffering" with a "Frozen Shoulder" for about four months. They gave me a cortizone injection and sent me home. I think that's a steroid, so I guess I will fail the test if I decide to come out of retirement and go into professional sports. When I got home from the doctor, Charlotte had fixed the tree lights. MIXED EMOTIONS! Thrilled the lights were repaired---sorry I wasn't the one to do it.

Some days are just like that...............................

0 comments: