HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION

Friday, September 21, 2007

Summer is over. School is back in session but I won’t be there. Still I feel the need to give a “Show and Tell” about how I spent my summer. The only out of town trip we made was to a resort on Coronado Island in California. It was a short trip but absolutely wonderful. It was a great reprieve from the endless day and night heat of Arizona.

This has been the longest, hottest, driest summer on record for the Phoenix area. But we made it through. Sunday is the first day of fall. Wheeeeeeeeeeee! We now enter our “heavenly” season. This is the first summer we have not had relatives come for a visit. In fact, we have only had two friends come through. Hopefully more will come now that the weather allows you to be outside without catching on fire.

It was a good summer. I read a lot, so hopefully I know a little more than I did this time last year. The best book I read was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I intend to read his second book this fall. My wife has made 19 beautiful DVDs which we have enjoyed watching. Some friends enjoy watching them and some don’t, and tell you so. Therefore I will leave out the “Show” part and just tell about my summer.

All in all this summer of my 72nd year has been a good one. I hope that yours was too!

0 comments: