BOOKING THROUGH THURSDAY

Thursday, February 26, 2009




This week's Booking Through Thursday's questions are:
  • Hardcover? Or paperback?
  • Illustrations? Or just text?
  • First editions? Or you don’t care?
  • Signed by the author? Or not?
My preference is always hardcover. I don't like paperbacks at all but do read a lot of softcover books. Most of my books are just text. I have never had a first edition. I guess that would be nice but I don't really care. I have a few books that have been signed by the author. I keep them because they seem special to me. I have given away cases of books over the years but I have also kept many books for future reference, like Bible commentaries, etc. Our home if filled with books. One solid wall in our family room is a built in bookcase loaded with hardcover books. I have four book cases in my study and a walk in closet with built in book cases. I like,read,reference and give away a lot of books.

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I see stacks of books and think, "Who is going to dust them?" I recycle most of mine.

bp said...

I never thought about if I had a preference to paperback or hardcover. I'm going to have to start paying attention to this and see what my answer is!

And today in the mail I received a book signed by the author!! It was exciting. I met a new friend on Facebook and she sent me one of her brand new books.

Cherdecor said...

You and Alan are just alike when it comes to books. He has given away hundreds of books just last summer and still has a wall of shelves filled with them. He has also was also a pastor for a while so he has a lot of books about theology.

Now he is into learning how to do web design for our church and he loves it. He loves to learn and I bet you and he are of kindred spirits.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm impressed with your large library, and the way you give your books away! I tend to hold onto my books! Most of my books now are fun books such as decorating books, tea time books, etc. I used to buy a lot of Christian books, but have slacked down on them, my daughter gives me a lot of Beth Moore's books, and she gave me Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life book when it first came out. My prayer group has done studies on these and Stormie Omatarian's books. I'll be glad when I get my eyes back so I can read again!

Katherine