A WALL IN JERUSALEM

Saturday, November 23, 2013


A WALL IN JERUSALEM
Hope, Healing, And The Struggle For Justice In Israel And Palestine
by Mark Braverman

OVERVIEW: An American Jew, Mark Braverman was transformed by witnessing firsthand the devastating consequences of the struggle between Israelis and Palestinians to bring peace to their land. From the bustling communities on either side of the Jerusalem barrier, to the historical intricacies of the Holocaust and South African apartheid, to the foremost voices in conflict resolution today, Braverman outlines the conflict's origins, gives Christians a biblical and historical basis for supporting both the state of Israel and Palestine, and offers a path of action both at home and abroad to initiate peace. Illuminating and provocative, this book will challenge what readers think they know about Israel and Palestine, and inspire them to help bring God's peace to the Holy Land.
(From the back of the book.)

AUTHOR: MARK BRAVERMAN is an internationally known author and activist on the role of faith traditions in bringing healing and peace to the Israel/Palestine conflict. He is the author of Fatal Embrace: Christians, Jews, and the Search for Peace in the Holy Land.

MY REVIEW: This is a difficult review for me to write. It is not difficult because I found the book difficult to read or because I do not understand what the author was trying to say. He is an excellent writer and his thoughts are easy to follow. It is difficult for me because I do not know how I feel about his opinions and what he offers as a way for hope and healing in the struggle for justice in Israel and Palestine. I wanted to read the book because I do want to understand a better way and the struggle has gone on far too long.

If I agreed or disagreed with Mark Braverman I would be happy to tell you that. And I do wish I held one or the other of those views. But I don't. I have read the book but I still don't know what I think about it. I am not a shallow person or thinker and most of the time I know what I think about a situation and state it openly. But today as I write this review, I am still confused about the right way to think about this conflict. I want to state again, Braverman states his opinions clearly I just do not know what I think about them.

My recommendation for this book is, read the overview I have posted and decide if this conflict concerns you enough that you want to spend time and money on this book to see if it will help you.

(I received this book from Hachette Book Group in exchange for a fair and honest review.)


0 comments: