I Like JAY LENO

Wednesday, October 25, 2017


I like Jay Leno. And I like what he said in this column he wrote for the Wall Street Journal.

"I have 150 cars and 117 motorcycles. But I don't buy cars to look at---mine are all functioning. A lot of times, you buy the story as much as you buy the car. A few years ago, I got a call from this 91-year-old woman. She had a 1951 Hudson Hornet. She had bought the car new with her husband. He died in '96, and since then it had been parked in the garage. She would go out with this big feather duster and wipe it off. It was in rough shape, but she was such a nice lady, I bought it and took it back to my garage to restore it. Two years later, I call her up and ask het to take a ride in this car. She says, 'Let me call the kids.' They're like 70 and 72! We get in the car and go for a ride. She's laughing and telling stories about the car and her husband, driving it from New Jersey to California in 1951. The kids are laughing. I'm saying, 'Stop it or I'm going to turn this car around' We were hysterical. It was so much fun."

As I said, I like Jay Leno. I'm not sure about the current late night show hosts, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert. Well, yes I am but I don't want to talk about them now. Pressing on.


0 comments: