BLOOD DRAWING REVISITED

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

In December I wrote that men cannot draw blood. I did not find joy in reporting this sad news. I hate to admit that there is anything that men cannot do as well as women. But my experience had taught me that woman can draw blood painlessly but that men cannot. Well, I have just come from the lab and now I have a different opinion.

MEN—SOME MEN, CAN DRAW BLOOD!

I went into the lab this morning intending to refuse having my blood taken by a man. First of all, I didn’t think it could be done and I had made up my mind that I was tired of being used for a guinea pig. Well, the head of the lab is a man and my Dr. had just told me that this man was good. This “good” blood drawer is the one that came to take my blood. Now, I have been going into this lab for years and this man has always been there but has never even offered to take my blood. Today he did! And he did an excellent job.

I complimented him and told him about my sad experiences. He just laughed and said that gender has nothing to do with the ability to take blood. He said I had just been unlucky in getting three students in a row. He said that most of them did not want to take the blood but they had to do it to learn how. He said I could refuse to allow them to practice on me.

I left thinking about my early days of driving out to the country churches. Oh how those poor souls must have suffered through my early days of preaching. There were no blogs back then but if there had of been, some blogger would have written: Men Just Can’t Preach. God Should Put Women In The Pulpit

0 comments: