THE WINTER OF DISCONTENT

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One of the coldest winters in history blew through the valley this year. It left a lot of devastation in its path. The calendar says it is spring and that means warmer weather. Al Gore is also running around saying the globe is warming. I don’t believe a thing Al Gore says but I do sit up and listen when the preacher says it will be warmer for some people, some day. But right now it’s still a little cool and there are still a lot of brown trees and bushes. But I’m happy to say that almost all of the bushes are starting to show some green. Wow! Green is good! Green means hope!

A friend in California asked, “Are you still talking to your ficus tree and how is it doing?” Yes, I’m still talking to the tree but like an uncooperative child the tree is not responding to my gentle voice. So I have started raising my voice an octave or two and last week while running the chain saw I strolled over to the tree and just stood by it for a few minutes reviving up the engine. Today, I noticed a few (very few) little green buds on the trunk.

0 comments: